Easy Chicken Dinner Casserole

 For dinner tonight, we had an easy dinner casserole. I'm laughing as I write this thinking of Julie & Julia. I will not be cooking anything time consuming or particular. There will be no Lobster Thermidor today, maybe not ever. That being said, I have learned not to say never though I do not see this in my near or distant future. My aim is to make dinner quick and enjoyable and easy to repeat. For us, this Chicken Dinner Casserole is on repeat in our home especially during the colder months when warming the stomach with heavier and more satisfying foods is desirable. Turns out that this is an ayurvedic principal, though the recipe I'm sure is far from ayurveda using canned cream of chicken soup. Ok, there's that- but if you'd like to make your own cream soup go for it and if you have an easy recipe for it, I might give it a try! Here's the recipe for the Easy Chicken Dinner Casserole, Bon Appetite:

Ingredients: Chicken Breast, Cheese, Butter (always), milk, stuffing and cream of chicken soup.

Best served: Over rice

1.) Take out all of your frustration from the day on the boneless chicken breast using a pounder (I have no idea what its actually called) meat tenderizer- Then, Cube the meat and place it in the bottom of a glass baking pan.

2.) Layer 6 or so slices of cheese, swiss is great or if you like spicy, pepper jack works too. Just don't use the sliced prepackaged orange cheese you used to beg your mother not to buy at the grocery store. 

3.) In a mixing bowl, combine a can of Cream of Chicken Soup with 1/4 cup milk, mix until it resembles a sauce and pour it on top of the cheese.

4.) Pour Stove Top Stuffing Mix over the top to cover. The original recipe calls for 1/2 a bag, but I use the whole bag.

5.) Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over the stuffing mixture.

6.) Place (do not throw) in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. 


Let me know if you give it a try!


Comments

Popular Posts